Online Fire Extinguishers
Recently an IFEDA members survey has produced some alarming results of purchasing online fire extinguishers. These staggering results are very worrying to the fire industry and companies should be aware that the “cheap” option online is not always the best and safest method of purchasing fire extinguishers. Remember we are here to help and protect people and businesses from fire. Check out the link below to find out more about the survey.
There are many questions one needs to ask themselves when buying new fire equipment:
- do i know what type of extinguisher i need?
- do i know what size of extinguisher to buy?
- how many will i need?
- can i commission the extinguisher myself?
- am i liable for its performance and operation?
- am i able to fix the extinguisher to a wall?
- will i be locating the extinguisher in the correct place?
All these questions need to be answered. If you are in doubt it is recommended that you seek professional advice from a fire safety company who are accredited through trade associations such as BAFE, IFEDA or the FIA.